Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Excess

Last week we went to Kentucky for a wedding and spent a couple days visiting the distilleries on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.  8 distilleries, 4 tours, 2 additional tastings, in 2 days.  We brought home a table full of bottles.  It's crazy.



Add to that a wedding and visiting friends in two other cities, all two hours apart, and it was a whirlwind of a weekend.  I'm still recovering on Wednesday!

Yesterday, I finally used a Groupon for a local yarn shop to pick up some Cascade 128 super wash bulky.  Isn't it pretty?   I think I'll use it for a Shalom cardigan.


Today, I spent some time finally organizing my fabric collection.  I'm trying to fit in all my new vacation purchases!  Here's everything I bought on our New England vacation in September:


Completely ridiculous, I know!  The aqua floral and the blue/green pea pod fabrics are both home dec weight.  The kitchy kitchen fabric will be come an apron, the brown/blue paisley a blouse, the blue paisley in the back is flannel for pajamas, and the red/green leaves is cotton I bought to make a Weekender Bag before I bought the home dec weight fabrics.  So now I'm not sure how I'll use those three.  The blue, gray, light blue, and green yarns are Quince & Co, all of which are awesome!  The blue will be a Girl Friday, blue/gray will be double heelix socks, and the green a cabled hat for me.  The berry colored yarn is Great Adirondack and it will be a Whisper Cardigan.  Eventually.  Phew.  The rest is patterns and notions for those patterns, including that awesome vintage sock book.  So, you can see why I needed some organizing!  Here's all the space I have for fabric - it's overloaded!


I've got blueberry banana bread in the oven for the husband - it's the last of the wheat flour in the house.  Hope it turns out!  And I'm turning leftover chicken, butternut squash, potatoes, and brussels sprouts into hash and eggs for dinner.  Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment